Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring planting

It was a glorious day in Iowa today. Not a half nice day where it rains and/or snows for the first part and the sun comes out for the second half...no all nice! X and I spent most of the day outside raking, burning leaves and getting the area around the house ready to plant flowers. Being 3 means mommy did most of it, but he definitely did his fair share. I just love watching him get so into a task.
I brought out some random things today to be washed (i.e: the shoe rack from the back porch) and gave X a bucket of soapy water and let him go. He hummed and sang and scrubbed that shelf for a good half hour. He was NOT ready to give it up when it was all shiny and clean, so I gave him another "chore". I have never met a child who loves to recycle more than my little man. He takes pride in putting it all in the big "trash can with wheels" and will not accept mommy's help. He would do all of my chores if I let him.
Baby L sat peacefully for most of this time in his playpen. This is the first time I have ever gotten to use one of these and I have to say he really enjoyed it. It was something new for him to try to pull himself up on and he loves to be outside. Feeling the wind on his face is a big thrill for him. He hasn't started throwing his toys out yet, but I am sure that is to follow soon.

~Picture post to follow later~

No comments:

Post a Comment