Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter...a time for new life


I just want to say Easter was wonderful and I hope you all had a good one too. Thank you God for the sacrifice of your son so we may be saved!
Our church was in full bloom this morning with beautiful flowers of bright colors. Everyone was in their best pastel clothes and happy to have a warm day for egg hunting. I was listening to our minister talk about the resurrection of our lord Jesus and two rows up from me I see a tiny little baby squirm in his blanket he is snugly wrapped up in. A smile came to my face as I thought of new life. The blooming of flowers and buds on the trees. My sons class is raising chicks to hatch at the end of the month and here right among all of us in our Sunday best is the tiniest most precious gift. What a blessing.
The egg hunt we had today was on the most beautiful of days. I love the pure look of joy on the faces of children having fun. Such things we do just to glimpse that look. I stuffed and hid over 100 plastic eggs, colored about 4 dozen hard boiled eggs with three different sets of little ones. All covered in colored water and stickers..but the joy this brings to these little people is what makes us go through it all again the following year.
Bless everyone in this Easter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment