Saturday, April 11, 2009

So it begins....


Have you ever just sat and watched your kids? They have such a unique way of looking at things. I was watching my three year old today, he didn't know this of course, observing a bug in the window. He watched it crawl up the window sill and across the plastic that still encases our window. He became braver and leaned in to touch his nose to the plastic close to where the bug was crawling. He watched it from this perspective for a while the whole time humming his own tune. I wondered how this little fire ball of energy can bounce around the house, not sitting still for more that 2.5 seconds at a time all day and for one or two small moments like this stay mesmerized for almost 30 minutes on a bug. He watched it for a while and then with a shiver went about his business of building his train track.
I created this blog to capture a few of those precious moments we take for granted in our children's lives. They go so fast and we are sure we will remember them, but with all the big things to remember, the little things sometimes get overshadowed. I hope you enjoy my ramblings as much as I do.

1 comment: