Monday, August 29, 2011

Laken's School



Week 1- Monday

Laken and I are starting out on a new adventure. We are starting a structured homeschooling routine. Last year we learned on the fly and did activities a couple times a week. I decided since he is starting preschool outside of the home next school year that I would give him a head start. Today was our first day!
Our theme for the week is: Cows. We learned what a cow is and what it looks like. We reviewed our learning board to get familiar with how it works. Our vocabulary word to remember and learn is: calf. We learned that this is the word for a baby cow. We read the book "Going to sleep on the Farm" and looked at pictures of real cows. Laken colored a picture of a cow and we made a cow hand puppet together. He was really excited to use paints today.
We also counted to ten and started name recognition. I posted his name above the learning board so he will get familiar with how it looks written out. I also write his name on all his work and say each letter as I write it so he will get use to hearing the letters of his name in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment